Brenton County Food Handlers

Anyone whose job covers handling food, beverages or utensils are required to obtain a food handler’s card. While a food handler’s card in Oregon allows you to work in any county, you are advised to check with the country health department for additional information. Please see below for Brenton County contact information.

In addition to issue food handler’s card, Brenton County Environmental Health regulates and issues licenses for restaurants including temporary food establishments. To work in Brenton County as a food worker, you must provide proof of a valid food handler permit issued by any county in the state of Oregon. The card is also called a Food Worker Card in Oregon.

Food Handler’s Card Class Schedule

Classes are offered in multiple languages located at the Brenton County Environmental Health located at Sunset Building, 4077 SW Research Way, Corvallis OR 97333. The written test is given in the following languages – Vietnamese, Russian, Chinese, and Korean

English: 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Spanish: Every Friday at 1:30 p.m.


Benton County
Environmental Health
4077 S.W. Research Way
Corvallis, OR 97333


Phone: 541-766-6841
Fax: 541-766-6248
Food Handler Info. Line: 541-766-6041


To find out more about how to study and pass the food handler’s card test, visit our Study Guide & Practice Exam section to best prepare for the test.