Clatsop County Food Handlers

Anyone whose job covers handling food, beverages or utensils are required to obtain a food handler’s card. While a food handler’s card in Oregon allows you to work in any county, you are advised to check with the country health department for additional information. Please see below for Clatsop County contact information. Clatsop County has a population of 37,000 and is named after the indigenous American tribe, the Clatsop, who resided along the Pacific Ocean.

In addition to issue food handler’s card, Clatsop County Environmental Health regulates and issues licenses for restaurants including temporary food establishments. To work in Clatsop County as a food worker, you must provide proof of a valid food handler permit issued by any county in the state of Oregon. The card is also called a Food Worker Card in Oregon.

Food Handler’s Card Information

  • Online course costs $10. Replacement card can be printed for free
  • In person course is available Monday – Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm. There is a $5 test fee and $5 certification print fee. Replacement card costs additional $5.


Michael McNickle, Director
820 Exchange Street, Suite 100
Astoria, OR 97103


Phone: (503) 325-8500
Fax: (503) 325-8678
Email: [email protected]


The office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a lunch break between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.


To find out more about how to study and pass the food handler’s card test, visit our Study Guide & Practice Exam section to best prepare for the test.